Sunday, July 06, 2008

Thank Goodness for Roaches...

After a long ride to Yorktown, VA (thanks Dr. Laura) I setup my bike an trailer and realized that I still had too much weight on the trailer, so I had to take some things out of the bag and send them back. After doing this about 4 or 5 times, I hopped onto my bike and rode to the Victory Monument in Historic Yorktown. At first I thought I would send my laptop back home as well, but nooo way!

After saying goodbye to Doc, I took the Colonial Parkway to Jamestown. It was a very nice ride. But just as it was getting dark I arrived in Jamestown I found out that the campgrounds had been sold and that they are no longer campgrounds. So I had to turn around and ride for about 6 or 7 more miles back to Williamsburg to find a hotel. I found Motel 6 and that is where I am right now, just about to go to sleep... after I make a few calls.

Tomorrow I am off to Glendale and beyond.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I said, "thank goodness for roaches", because there was a roach in my room and after I told the front desk, they gave me a room for free.