Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the Road to Damascus


Today I find myself in Damascus, VA. One of the last stops before I get into KY. I have ridden quite a few miles to get here... almost 600 and I have decided to take a rest day here. Damascus is a town that is right aong the Appalachian Trail, so there are a lot of hikers in this town. I have decided to stay at a world famous hostel known to bikers and hikers all over the world. It's called, "The Place". In town, I have access to the Internet, but no signal for my phone.

On the way here, I followed the AT trail for some time and think to myself that I would like to hike it someday... maybe next year.

Along the way I finally caught up with Simon, I have heard about him since I was at the Cookie Lady's house. We have decided to ride together for at least a little while.