Thursday, September 04, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

Tonight I am in the Rockies, in my tent, cold and tired. I didn't plan on coming this far today, but it ended up being more miles under my belt. I am staying at a campground called, "Fort Gorge", it is just outside of Royal Gorge where the famous suspension bridge is. I don't think I am going to make it to the bridge, its 4.5 miles away and it looks like it is all uphill. I need to save energy for the ride to Salida tomorrow. I am at about 6000 ft right now, so I will have to climb to 9012 ft by the time I stop tomorrow. It won't be easy. Having said that, I will be signing off so I can get some rest before tomorrow.

The sunset tonight over the Rockies was absolutely beautiful. I will post some photos later, but for now I have to conserve my batteries... all of them.