Sunday, September 14, 2008

Photos of Telluride



"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller"

OK, I am now nine states into my journey. A little tired, but still good to go. Right now I am in Telluride and I have been here for three days now. Julie has done an excellent job as "Eye in the Sky", and had things set up by the time I arrived. What a fabulous person she is! Accommodations were made for us at the Telluride Mountain Lodging. They allowed us to stay for 2 nights... for free. It has been amazing to see how supportive people can be when you take the time to talk to them.

Right now in Telluride there is a "Blues and Brew" Festival going on. Lots of music and lots of beer. I have taken in some of the music... none of the beer. I have spent the days riding the gondola (the free gondola), up to the mountain and taken walks on the trails and to the nature center. I have also walked the streets of Telluride, taking candid shots of the people and the town. It is a very interesting place with a lot of interesting people. This is a place I could learn to love.

In the beginning, I had no plans on coming to Telluride, I was moving on to Delores... but as I started up the mountain, I thought to myself "I have never been to Telluride and I am sooo close, so I should go". So, I turned around and headed back into town. It has turned out to be a very good decision. This place is great. The people here have gone out of their way to be helpful and welcoming.

Right now, I am staying at the Fire Station in Telluride. 'Met up with Gary Whitfield (the district fire chief) again and he opened up the fire station for a couple of days for us. Sleeping on the floor, but I've found that on this ride it's easier to sleep on the floor than in a bed. What I mean is that it's easier to get up and get going... maybe even more comfortable. I do have a good sleeping mat.

Tomorrow... on the road again. Even though I love it here, I am looking forward to getting back out there. I can hardly wait for the adventures that lie ahead.