Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boulder Mountain

Today, we set out from Boulder Mountain. I have to say that I have been a little intimidated by the thought. 9600 feet to the summit. Up til now, the mountains have been brutal and every seems to get a lot of joy out telling me how difficult this one is going to be. I've put it off long enough. Here we go, I'll write more from the other side of the mountain.

Well now, that wasn't so bad. I guess it's like a lot of things in life. The thought of a thing is a lot worse than the actual doing of that thing. There was only a little wind, and that was only occasionally. What I thought would take us all day only took a couple of hours. And now that its done, we have to find a place to stay here in Boulder. What few motels they have are all booked and there is absolutely no camping allowed in here within the town limits. It looks like we have to go back the way we came and do some more wild camping. I don't like camping in the wild so close to a town, but it's getting late so that'll have to do.

Tot ziens!