Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting Close!


After another late start - due to a huge breakfast (I had steak and eggs with pancakes and Clive forgot he was a vegetarian and had the BIG COUNTRY BREAKFAST with bacon and sausage), we finally hit the road. We got back on Interstate 15 and we made it for 6.5 miles before CHP told us to get off or we would get a ticket. That made things interesting because we had planned on taking I-15 all the way to Victorville. We had to find an alternate route and that took awhile. We finally got on Old Route 66, it was a little out of the way and by far the roughest road I have been on since I left PA. I had two flat tires due to the potholes, but we finally made it in to Victorville at 7:45. It was dark and it was cold, but we made it. According to Google Maps, we are only 94 miles from Los Angeles now. We just have to find another way down the mountain, I don't think we can cycle down the Cajon Pass. I guess that's what we'll work on in the morning. Goodnight!