Saturday, June 21, 2008

Patriot News and the Harrisburg Bicycle Club

Yesterday, Nancy Eshelman of the Patriot News, did a nice story on me and my ride. I knew about the article since I was interviewed last week, but I didn't know when it would be coming out. So yesterday morning as I walked into the YMCA, I was asked if I would be so kind as to sign a few autographs since I was now famous. I had no idea what they were talking about as I had already forgotten about the interview with Nancy. Anyway, as it turns out, she did me right. I was most pleased with the article, I think that she knew where I was coming from. Thanks Nancy.

I also got an honorary membership to the Harrisburg Bicycle Club and I will be sporting their jerseys as I cycle coast to coast. I met Marilyn (from the club) at the Tour de Belt (a local 20 mile ride through the city of Harrisburg) a few weeks ago. Since that time she has been so helpful and supportive. I have received from her, both advice and equipment. She has been awesome.